About our work in Horsham District
We provide essential services, many of which are free, and include:
- Home Visiting – a free service for those who are lonely, isolated and vulnerable. A volunteer is carefully matched to provide friendly companionship and support, offering a lifeline to the outside world.
- Help at Home – do you need that extra bit of help with every day chores at home and/or the garden? Our team will signpost you to reliable sources of help and support helping you to stay independent.
- Home from Hospital / Relative Support – a free service for older people with no one to help them when they return home from a hospital stay. Support is also available to help families make informed choices about future care for their loved ones.
- Village Agent services – a local, friendly face supporting those in rural communities with advice and practical help.
- Local Day clubs and clubs for people with dementia where those over 50, their families and carers, can receive support, enjoy social activities and interaction.
- Information and Advice – a free service providing essential advice, assistance and support to those needing help with a range of issues, including finances, practical support and health.
Call 01403 260560
We are a partner with the large, national charity Age UK. As well as working with us locally – the national charity campaigns, researches and provides evidence for and with older people.
Here in Horsham District we share that national Age UK name, but our focus is to deliver what works for older people living here.
All the money we raise stays right here in Horsham District to support our charitable services. We are proud to be a member of the trusted Age UK network but our focus is local.