Property developers Fairfax Acquisitions have appealed against the decision to refuse planning permission for developing the land adjacent to Sandy Lane, Henfield.
Their appeal will be heard at a Public Inquiry held at the offices of Horsham District Council from 6-9 August 2019.
The Planning Inspectorate needs to know your views before Thurs 6th June. If you haven't commented before this is your chance, but even if you have already have commented on the original application, you need to reinforce it by doing so again.
The Campaign to Protect Rural Henfield (CPRH) is issuing the following advice on how to respond to the Appeal Inspector for those opposed to the development:
The most effective arguments for the appeal will be on the grounds of Landscape, Heritage and Horsham's ability to deliver a 5-year housing supply. On the five year supply, this is a critical test case for Horsham who will be employing a barrister to represent them.
From a supporters’ perspective please, therefore, focus your comments to the Appeal Inspector on the local issues:
- Landscape character. How the development of this greenfield site, which sits astride a characteristic spur of the greensand ridge overlooking the South Downs, will affect the nature of the area and the landscape setting of Henfield.Heritage.
- The impact that this development will have on the setting of the Nep Town Historic Conservation Area, the listed cottages that stand at the top of Sandy Lane, and the approach to our village for visitors coming from the Downs Link.
We need to win these arguments to prevent any future speculative development applications around Sandy Lane.
Time is short, and all comments need to be in before Thursday, 6th June. You will need to comment online through the Planning Inspectorate website: https://acp.planninginspectorate.gov.uk
If your not sure what you need to do here is step by step instructions:
- In the field ‘’Search for a case’’ enter 3227192
- Click on the ‘’Make Representation’’ button.
- Once you see the case details, click the “Save and Continue” button.
- Under the ‘’Details’’ field tick the ‘’ interested party/person’’ box.
- Enter your details and click "Save and continue".
- Answer the question "Are you acting on behalf of a company, group or
organisation?" in the relevant tick box.
- Either click the "the box below" tickbox and enter your comment there, or upload a document with your comments by ticking the "separate documents" box.
Please respond with comments about what the Sandy Lane Landscape and Heritage means to you personally, the value you attach to it, why it's important and what its loss would mean to you and Henfield. The Inspector is very interested in local opinions and will attach significant weight to local knowledge.
If you need any assistance, you can contact CPRH by email at email@example.com.
We need to ensure the Planning Inspector know the strength of local feeling, so make a note in your diary of the first day of the hearing,10am, Tues 6th Aug, Horsham District Council’s offices. We need the big local turnout to show the planning inspector the strength of feeling about this proposal!
You can find more information about CPRH on our main page and on Facebook.