The above example shows the appearance of an embedded audio file. You can try the real file here.
To embed an audio (sound) file:
- Go to SoundCloud.com. Click on Sign Up and create a free SoundCloud account by entering an email address and password,
- Once you are logged into Soundcloud, you will see your own “Stream” where you can store your sound recordings.
- Click on Upload on the SoundCloud menu bar and browse to the sound file that you want to embed (or drag and drop it on to the SoundCloud panel).
- SoundCloud allows you to Edit details of your recording if you wish, eg. by adding a picture and the genre of recording.
- Click on the Share icon beneath the recording and copy the Link that appears (it will start with https://soundcloud.com …)
- Paste the link into your article on the Hub at the point where you want the sound file to appear. (Note: there is no need to hyperlink it.)
- We recommend adding the phrase “Click the red button above to play or pause the recording.” after the sound file.
- Publish your article on the Hub.
Further information about SoundCloud
SoundCloud is compatible with all common audio file types including AIFF, WAVE (WAV), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR, and WMA files. The maximum file size is 5GB.
A free SoundCloud account gives you:
- 2 total upload hours
- 100 downloads/sound
- Unlimited set creation
- Some stats (see the number of plays, downloads, comments and favourites of your tracks). If you need more than that, you will have to register for a paid SoundCloud Pro account.
You can create “Sets” in SoundCloud. Sets are playlists or "albums" that you can create with your own sounds or other people's sounds on SoundCloud. To create a Set, click on ‘Add to Set’ below any sound to place it into a Set.
Any problems using SoundCloud may be due to an out of date version of Flash or your web browser. Please ensure these are both up to date. Ad blocking browser plugins can also have an affect: if you are running ad blockers, please try disabling them, or adding SoundCloud to their exceptions list.
To obtain Help in SoundCloud, click on More on the SoundCloud menu bar (pictured below) and then select Help.
Please note: The Henfield Hub does not accept any liability for issues with SoundCloud and cannot help with technical queries about it.