A valuable resource for local history research, and for local schools.
Open all year except for Bank Holidays, Easter weekend, and between Christmas and the New Year.
Wheelchair access, and parking for the disabled. Horsham District Council has introduced parking charges in the village car parks. Refreshments are available close by in the High Street.
For visits by adult groups or school parties, or to view the archives contact the curator Alan Barwick 01273 493155. Email: email@example.com.
Guided historical walks around the village can be provided for a nominal charge. Contact the curator for more details.
A temporary exhibition is now in place on the history of Small Dole, and will run until the 20th December.
The Henfield Museum roving display case will be at the library until the 18th July, and will then move to The Haven. Don't miss this opportunity to learn all about William Borrer the Victorian botanist and the trees he planted at Barrow Hill.
A friend of Lucie Bishop, of Henfield, was interned in a camp in France during WW2, and sent a postcard to Lucie. We are trying to locate relatives of her friend Mary de Moleans, or more likely Mary de Moleyns, to return to them the postcard which is illustrated below.
The DVD of Henfield in World War Two, with a run time of 117 minutes, is available from Henfield Museum priced £7
This 66 page book with 58 illustrations, covering the three commons in the parish of Henfield has been reprinted and will be on sale at Henfield Museum from 28th June 2018 priced £7. All profits will go to The Friends of Henfield Museum.
The Historic Henfield Series of postcards priced at £1 each are now available at Henfield Museum
This book, which was launched by the Beeding & Bramber Local History Society in September 2016, is on sale at Henfield Museum priced £12. It covers the stories of soldiers who were killed in WW1, and those that survived, from the villages of Upper Beeding, Bramber, Botolphs, Small Dole, Edburton and Fulking.
Local museum. Local links. Lots of local interest.
A twenty-five minute DVD on the history of the branch line produced by Eddie Colgate and Graham duHeaume on sale for £5 from Henfield Museum.
The museum relies on a band of volunteer helpers to keep the museum open. We need two more volunteers to cover a Monday morning 10-12 noon, and a Saturday afternoon 2.30-4.00pm just once a month. If you are interested contact Alan on 01273 493155 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The origins of the museum go back to about 1930 when Miss Lucie Bishop produced a small exhibit of local history objects. This was followed in 1937 by another small exhibition to mark the coronation of George VI. The collection at this time was housed in two cupboards on the landing in the Assembly Rooms.
Henfield Museum acts as a guardian and conservator of articles and artifacts that relate to Henfield and surrounding villages. A valuable resource for local history research and local schools.
Henfield Museum is a small local history museum run by Henfield Parish Council. It occupies a single room, which is crammed full of objects. ADMISSION IS FREE