This will include electrical work, redecoration, an improved and enlarged children’s area and the installation of new flexible shelving.
The new shelving will allow for a more effective use of the current space and means the library will be able to offer a wider range of events, sessions and increased space to work with partner organisations.
To help minimise disruption to customers during the closure the following arrangements will be in place:
- no books borrowed from Henfield Library will be due for return while the library is closed
- all books and other items on loan from Henfield Library can be returned to any other West Sussex library
- reserving and renewing items online will still be available
- customers can continue to download the FREE eLibrary apps to read magazines, newspapers and eBooks - www.westsussex.gov.uk/elibrary
- regular events – including Rhyme Time and Storytime – will continue to take place at nearby libraries, check www.westsussex.gov.uk/libraryevents for full listings
- all library customers can borrow and return books and use public computers and IT facilities at any West Sussex library.
Improvement works have been planned at Henfield Library using Section 106 Developer Contributions which expire at the end of the 2019/20 financial year.
To find your nearest library whilst Henfield is temporarily closed, click here.