Henfield Youth Club was founded in the 1950s. In 1961, when the Infants' moved to a new school in Fabians Way, a Trust was formed to buy the former school in Nep Town so that the Club would have its own premises.
The Club flourished there for some years but the building, which dates from 1844, was in constant need of maintenance and repair - the roof was blown off in the October 1987 storm!
So the Trustees, supported by Henfield Parish Council began to look for an alternative. Durning the 1990s plans for the Deer Park development were proposed and passed. The estate road gave access to the northern part of the Leisure Centre field. The Trustees, youth workers and young people worked together with the architect to design the new Youth Centre. Work began in July 2004 and was completed in April 2005.